At the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, we are committed to helping families struggling with their son’s or daughter’s substance use. We empower families with information, support and guidance to get the help their loved one needs and deserves. And we advocate for greater understanding and more effective programs to treat the disease of addiction.
How We Do It
- We connect families with each other and with experts, working with them to get the help their loved one needs and deserves – a good place to start is with our Helpline.
- We listen to families and provide a platform for them to share their stories of struggle and success – such as our Stories of Hope and Parent Blog.
- We educate families about substance use and strategies they can use to help their loved one.
- We empower parents to take early and effective action to address their son or daughter’s substance use, providing expert guidance and compassionate support.
- We advocate for systemic change in the way our country addresses addiction, including universal evidence-based treatment options for families and their loved ones – like through those actions available via our Advocacy Center.